More than 13 percent of American Home owners with a mortgage are either behind on their payments or in foreclosure as the recession throws more people out of work; the Mortgage Bankers Association said on August 20th, 2009.The worst of the trouble is still concentrated in Florida (12%), Nevada (9%), California and Arizona.
If you have been fallen behind your mortgage payments and facing foreclosure, don’t panic. This is the time for in-action with proper guidance which may assist you to delay, avoid or stop the foreclosure process in US.
13 tips to avoid/delay stop foreclosure in US
- Don’t ignore the problem. You must understand that this problem has to be taken care. If you don’t, then they will and you will end up with the short end of the stick.
- Contact your lender to resolve the issues. Check with them if they have any solutions for you. Work with them.
- Forbearance some lenders will allow you to make partial payment or skip payments altogether if you can present a reasonable catch up plan.
- Reinstatement is only for those who have the money to pay your loan payments to bring up to date. This way you make one lump sum payment.
- Repayment plan if you are behind, but can not afford the one lump sum reinstatement payment and your lender is willing to work with you, the lender may ask you to catch up the arrears over a period of time.
- Loan modification can be another avenue which can be helpful for both parties. The lender can lower the interest rate and or forgive portion of the loan.
- Produce the original note is very powerful tool to delay the process. You must file the same at county court. This can buy you time depending upon your original lender.
- Open and response to all correspondents. This is the most critical time. You have rights and lender has obligations. Foreclosure is a process. Educate yourself as you go along.
- Your mortgage rights are their to protect you as well as the Lender. Learn about the foreclosure laws and time frames by contacting State Government Housing office.
- Foreclosure prevention options also known as loss mitigation is very timely information which could assist the homeowner.
- HUD approved housing counselor can assist you to understand the law and your options organize your finances and represent you in negotiation with your current Lender.
- Chapter 13 does not get your debt discharged, but it gets consolidated instead, so the it allows the person to begin debt repayment without forfeiting property.
- Deed-in-Lieu also known as quit claim deed. You need to discuss this method with your attorney before you do this to make sure that your credit is intact as well as other financial obligations.
World Wealth Builders offers many unique, practical, out of the box real estate investor apprenticeship which offers the student hands on, in the trenches style instruction to facilitate both a different mindset as well as a successful and lucrative real estate investment business. You can attend apprenticeship. To find out more, please go to www.WorldWealthBuilders.com/live
The above information is provided as a guideline and is not intended to give a professional legal advice. Please consult a real estate lawyer for their opinion on your particular case
--Permission to Reprint
You have the permission to re-print this article, as long as you don’t make any changes and include the bio.
Your success is our Passion!